This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Flatshare application (the "App").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, register with, or use this App.
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, mobile number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information").
This information includes:
- Information provided at the time of registering to use the App, subscribing to our service, and posting material, and requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us.
You may also provide information for publication or display ("Your Card") which are transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your info. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your card will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Your contacts’ phone numbers (if you choose to authorize this)
- Names of flatmates/friends you choose to invite to join you on the App.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the App or our business (such as hosting, analytics, customer support, SMS delivery)..
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale, or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Flatshare Internet Private Limited or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any personal information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by other users of the App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
The App is not intended for use by children under 15 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the App from a child under 15 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.